“Welcome at the UEX!” Our crew receives you with a smile a the loading terminal. At the check-in in the (early) afternoon our local staff provides you with all details and information about the further process. The vehicle loading on the motorail wagons is going on normally roundabout 2 hours before departure of the Urlaubs-Express.
The couchettes and sleeping cars wait ready for boarding at the platform, while the vehicle loading goes on. Please pay attention to the displays and speaker announcements, because there might be changes due to operational reasons.
Once the train ist ready for boarding, passengers have the opportunity to leave and re-enter the train, i.e. to enjoy some shopping in the station area. Please make sure that you are back in your compartment a couple of minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
After arriving at your final station, the motorail wagons maybe have to be shunted before unloading can start. After that the UEX-Crew wishes you a “Happy Holiday”!”
Important additional information
- The Urlaubs-Express runs a fixed schedule. That means, check-in and vehicle load also happens within a certain frame of time. You´ll find all relevant information in your personal voucher, that will be sent to you in time before the travel date.
- Please reserve enough time for your trip to the car terminal – and plan with some extra minutes for traffic jams etc.
- The check-in at the loading terminal starts at the time marked in your right voucher. Please have your voucher and the car papers at hand at any time.
- Please understand, that Train4you can´t guarantee the transportation of your vehicle, if you arrive too late or after closing of the check-in.
- The car data given by you in the booking process are binding part of the travel contract! If we find divergencies from the car data during check-in, we want to inform you that your vehicle possibly cannot be transported.
- Given the fact that you change your vehicle after the booking (i.e. by buying a new one), please contact us before the travel date. The are special loading lots on the motorail wagons for different sizes and types of vehicles and, of course, a maximum weight rule applies.